I’ve been here before. An aging cat with kidney disease needs special care and treatment, but at some point will die from the same disease.
Kidney disease is a slow breakdown of the cat’s ability to live a decent life. What is ‘decent’? That depends on what you and the cat are used to.
There’s a few things to remember:
- Have they stopped doing the things they love?
- Have they stopped cleaning themselves or eating?
- Would you want the animal’s life to be like it is right now?
- Are you willing to let it get worse? (doing so may mean it gets better)
- Will your lack of resources make the animal’s suffering worse?
If you’re still confused, contact me. I read animals and I’ll be happy to let you know what’s going on with your dear friend. paulabowden.com